Work at SRC Camps
Thank you for your interest in a position at Sesame/Rockwood Camps for our 2017 season. This could be the summer of your life! For more than 60 years, Sesame/Rockwood has provided incredible employment opportunities. Our commitment to “Excellence in Camping” provides a wonderful work environment, great facilities and administrators and directors committed to making this a wonderful summer for you.
At Sesame/Rockwood Camps You Will
- make a difference in children’s lives.
- develop new friendships.
- be a role model for children as well as other staff.
- demonstrate and develop leadership and teaching skills.
- show your camp spirit and enthusiasm.
- work in the great outdoors!
- gain valuable life skills for future employment and careers.
As A Staff Member At Sesame/Rockwood Camps You Agree To
- make the health, welfare and safety of the campers your #1 priority.
- work for the full 8 weeks unless arrangements are made for you to be a Spare Counselor.
- obtain and provide current Pennsylvania background checks and FBI Fingerprint report
- complete an application, provide required references and complete paperwork in a timely manor.
- attend all Staff Development sessions, extended evening activities and specialist meetings if applicable and complete online training as required for your position.
- be on time and make any appointments after the camp day.
- wear your camp shirt, appropriate footwear and I.D. lanyard daily.
- participate in special events and activities and wear dress-up attire as requested.
- support the camp administration and goals and abide by all policies and procedures.
- follow your daily schedule, participate enthusiastically and encourage camper involvement.
- if a minor, obtain Working Papers.
Sesame/Rockwood Counselors Agree To
- plan and carry out the program as determined for your bunk and assist Specialists at the Arts, Ropes and Sports activities.
- wear a bathing suit to T.E.A.M. (instructional) Swim, actively assist at lessons and act as a Lookout during Fun Swim.
Sesame/Rockwood Specialists Agree To
- plan and carry out the program as determined by the Specialist Director.
- assist in program set-up prior to the camp season as needed.
- instruct at assigned classes.
- wear clothing appropriate to your position.