The American Camp Association is a community of camp professionals who, for 100 years, have joined together to share knowledge and experience and to ensure the quality of camp programs. Because of the diverse 9,000 plus membership and exceptional programs, children and adults have the opportunity to learn powerful lessons in community, character-building, skill development, and healthy living — lessons that can be learned nowhere else.
As a leading authority in youth development, ACA works to preserve, promote, and improve the camp experience. The association is committed to helping members and all camps provide:
- Camp communities committed to a safe, nurturing environment
- Caring, competent adult role models
- Healthy, developmentally appropriate experiences
- Service to the community and the natural world
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
- Discovery, experiential education, and learning opportunities
- Excellence and continuous self-improvement
ACA accredits over 2,400 camps. ACA-Accredited® camps meet up to 300 standards for health, safety, and program quality (Safety Tips/Accreditation).
ACA works closely with other youth-serving organizations and associations.
Founded in 1910, ACA is a tax-exempt corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code